What is Reflexology Used For?
More and more today, people are looking for different solutions to health issues than those conventional medicine presents. Many issues people have with conventional medicine include its price, its methods, its side-effects, and its inability to treat many conditions.
One solution that people are exploring is reflexology.
Reflexology is the practice of massaging pressure points on feet, heads, and hands to treat illness. This method operates under the holistic view that all parts of the body are connected and require treatment in order to feel whole.
This connection is known as qi. Your qi is your body’s life energy. This energy flows between all parts of the body. Stimulating pressure points in one area can treat conditions in other areas, though Western medicine treats these areas as completely separate.
If you are looking for an alternative to typical Western medicine, you should consider reflexology. Talk to a doctor or practitioner to find out how it can help you.
What are the benefits of reflexology?
Reflexology can help treat a variety of medical conditions. These include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Circulation. Poor circulation inhibits the distribution of blood and vital oxygen throughout your body. Reflexology helps promote better circulation. When your vital organs receive more oxygen as a result, you will see an improvement in other areas too. This includes metabolism and faster hormone production.
- Headaches. Reflexology can help reduce symptoms related to pain head. It achieves this by relieving tension in muscles connected to the pressure points.
- Toxins. Toxins are external substances that can cause illness when present in concentration. Reflexology improves bladder function. This allows your body to flush out toxins more effectively.
- The release of toxins helps protect your body from a variety of diseases and medical conditions.
- Nerve functions. Each separate part of our entire body is connected by the nervous system. Reflexology has the ability to stimulate over 7,000 nerve endings. Stimulating these nerve endings helps improve the function of different areas all over the body.
- It is especially valuable in helping our brain’s cognitive ability.
- Low Energy levels. Reflexology helps align your body’s systems, including internal organs. These organs are responsible for producing many vital agents.
- Since your organs are more effective at producing the appropriate hormones, you experience a boost in your metabolism.
- Cancer. Reflexology is not a cure for cancer, but it does help relieve symptoms. It also works to relieve pain associated with side-effects, like those from chemotherapy. Cancer patients can rest easier and experience less nausea with the help of reflexology.
Reflexology also helps stimulate the production of antioxidants, which help destroy cancer cells.
- Pregnancy-related issues. Reflexology is beneficial for pregnant women since it promotes better circulation, nerve stimulation, and hormone production. This therapy can restore the balance that pregnancy interrupts in many of your systems.
- Reflexology also helps lessen the likelihood of postpartum depression and helps the body heal after delivery.
- Slow recovery. If you are injured or recovering from a surgery, reflexology can help you heal faster. Reflexology promotes the increase of metabolism. This helps recovering patients develop healthy cells at a faster rate.
- Restlessness. As reflexology opens your neural pathways, it promotes a more healthy flow of energy. As a result, you can experience a state of calm.
This helps generate a healthy sleeping pattern in tune with your circadian rhythm.
Is reflexology right for me?
Anyone of any age, sex, or body type can enjoy reflexology. It has been helping people for thousands of years!
Reflexology should not be considered as an alternative to traditional medicine, as many results are difficult to prove with modern science. However, the results speak for themselves, so it is wise to consider reflexology as a supplement to include in your treatment.
Also, you don’t need to wait for an illness to treat to enjoy reflexology! Visit a reflexology therapist today to find out how it can help improve your well-being.
Are you looking for a natural supplement to keep your body running smoothly? Have you ever tried Turmeric? This miracle herb/spice is known to be one the best natural inflammation-killers on earth. Click here to see how you can get turmeric into your daily diet >>