In part one of our “All you need to know about CBD” series, we took a look at what CBD is, how it works, and who can use it. For this part, we are going to take a more in-depth look at how CBD oil benefits you.
As we mentioned, CBD oil can treat a variety of ailments. CBD oil can be used on its own, or it can be used in combination with other treatments. Many of the conditions in the following list are serious. If you suffer from any of the following, you should seek the help of a medical professional before using CBD.
CBD oil may help with the following:
1. Chronic pain. People who suffer from chronic pain related to conditions like fibromyalgia can find relief in CBD oil. Unlike opiates commonly prescribed to treat chronic pain, CBD does not create addictions. Many countries around the world, including Canada, officially recognize CBD as a treatment for multiple sclerosis and pain.
2. Epilepsy. CBD oil is known to reduce seizures that children with Dravet syndrome. CBD is safe to use on children and does not have any negative side-effects.
3. Acne. CBD oil possesses anti-inflammatory properties. These properties are active in helping reduce acne. A 2014 study finds that CBD oil inhibited the active production of cytokines in sweat glands. Reducing cytokines lessens the presence of acne.
4. Anxiety and depression. People who suffer from forms of anxiety and depression, including OCD, PTSD, and social anxiety disorder can benefit from CBD.
CBD oil promotes your body’s production of serotonergic and glutamate cortical signaling. Studies find that the lack of these is common in depression patients. Because CBD promotes their production, it helps reduce symptoms related to depression.
5. Stress. Stress is a factor in many ailments and conditions that affect the body. Eliminating stress can be a huge factor in improving your health.
CBD oil acts as an antioxidant agent. It helps eliminate the presence of oxidants in your system, CBD. Since the presence of oxidants arises related to higher stress levels, you can expect relief from CBD.
6. Inflammation. As mentioned before, CBD oil helps reduce inflammation. Reducing inflammation is related to the improvement of many other issues, including heart disease and cancer.
Inflammation is the result of poor diet and lifestyle habits. CBD can help improve your health as part of a nutrient-rich diet aimed at reducing inflammation.
7. Schizophrenia. Schizophrenia treatments generally require heavy doses of medication that come with a host of side-effects. While CBD oil is not a replacement for clinically approved methods, it is shown to reduce hallucinations related to schizophrenia.
CBD may help by reducing psychotic symptoms in schizophrenia patients and others.
8. Bacteria. CBD oil helps promote health by joining the fight against harmful bacteria. This is a magnificent step in medicine as CBD can help eliminate bacteria that are resistant to conventional medicine.
A 2007 study finds that CBD helps slow the growth of tuberculosis in rats. Although researchers have yet to determine how this works, the results are undeniable.
Continue to take medication your doctor prescribes for bacterial infections. But, you can aid your treatment with a boost from CBD.
9. Heart health. CBD helps in reducing plaque buildup in clogged arteries. As mentioned before, it helps with inflammation and reducing oxidants. Both of these are linked to heart disease, so CBD helps here too.
10. Cancer. CBD oil is not a cure for cancer, but it can help with cancer-related symptoms.
First of all, it helps with reducing side-effects from cancer treatments, such as nausea and pain.
Second, research is finding that CBD may directly help in the elimination of cancer cells. A test tube study on breast cancer cells finds that CBD helped kill cancerous cells.
Should I use CBD?
If you suffer from anything in the list above, CBD may be right for you. It may not be a replacement for clinically-approved medical treatments, but it is proven to help them move along.
Talk to your doctor about whether you should consider CBD as part of your treatment option.